This is a quick guide for my non-Canadian partners on how to accept an invitation to participate in a SSHRC application.
- Look for invitation from SSHRC in your inbox
- You will need the highlighted invitation number later.
- First click on the login/register link and set up your account with SSHRC or log in (if you already have one).
- If you are setting up a new account, keep the password memorable: it is difficult to get a reminder if you forget.
- After you have registered and confirmed your registration (SSHRC sends an email to confirm), you need to sign in using your SSHRC user name and password (i. Read the rest of this entry »
Just bought a Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition with OEM Ubuntu (18.04 LTS Bionic Beaver) installed.
As I was setting the computer up for the first use, it asked me if I wanted to create a recovery key (i.e. disk or USB), but indicated that you could also do this later. I didn’t have a USB key with me, so I skipped the step.
Once I got set up, however, I wasn’t able to see where I could access the utility to make the recovery disk. I thought the dialogue during set up had said the Ubuntu app store, and various Dell sites seemed to indicate either the app store or launchpad. Read the rest of this entry »