Updating Textpattern and Solving a Rewrite Problem

Just updated my CMS (Textpattern) to the latest version (6.4.2). I had to because the University just updated the PHP on the server and this broke the old install.

Everything worked great except for one thing: I could get it to work if I put the full URL to the index page in (i.e. http://people.uleth.ca/~daniel.odonnell/index.php); but it didn’t work if I just put in the top-level directory (i.e. http://people.uleth.ca/~daniel.odonnell/). Links to other pages also didn’t work.

The error I got came from Zope, the server. And it said that it it couldn’t find http://people.uleth.ca/People.

This looks like a rewrite error. After Googling around and experimenting, I found that the issue was in my .htaccess file, which is provided by Textpattern. Basically I did the following:

  1. uncomment #RewriteBase
  2. replace Path/To/Site (or similar) in the same line with the top-level directory for my site (i.e. what comes after people.uleth.ca, or, in my case /~daniel.odonnell
  3. save and reload

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers: